You make me hap-py, when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, how much I Love You
Please don't take my Sunshine away!
That song will always be a huge part of my existance. And when I die, I want it played at my funeral! My grandmother always sung this song, it is her voice that I hear singing it in my head. For a long time I couldn't sing that song without tears burning my eyes. But now....as a parent I hear her and smile, my boys, the loves of my life....are my Sunshine, my reason for being, and so that song will live on and forever be a part of me. Now if I can just get Thomas to learn it, I'll get it on video!
10 things I didn't know until I was a mom....
1. I never knew I could love someone as much, as deeply, as infinitely and as fiercely as I love my children. They complete me. My heart continues to grow and fill with love for my boys with each passing day!
2. I never knew I would appreciate and be so grateful for my mom, the sacrifices she made, the life she provided for me, until I became a mom myself. She's my inspiration in a lot of ways, she's my mentor, my best friend and the best grandma!
3. I never knew that I would find that last bit of energy at the end of the day to roll around on the floor and laugh and scream with my babies. And I never thought I would find the energy to get up in the middle of the night when a little one has a bad dream.
4. I learned the meaning of "Pride" in a whole new way!
5. I now know that nothing is sacred anymore. Remember when you'd be goofing off with friends and you want that one particular donut and you tell your friends not to eat it and just to make sure you lick it all over so no one will want it? Yeah...well that is what it's like for kids...if they have touched it...it is now THEIRS! It might have been yours once, but kiss it good bye now!
6. My children remind me of my Brother in so many ways...they find that ONE thing that makes your eyes pop out of your head, your brain say OH NO HE DIDN'T, nails on a chalkboard thing that drive you mad and they continue and continue and continue just because at 2 they know it drives you INSANE!
7. Children require a lot of "stuff"....no wait....actually children don't require a lot of stuff, us, as parents, figure they more stuff they have the more entertained they will be. Not so!
8. There are 2 things that disappear and never, ever, ever come back once you have children....SLEEP AND SAVINGS!
9. Christmas becomes a whole new ball game. You get nothing now, and in my case, I don't want anything. It's all about the kids!
10. I am so stupidly emotional....for the most bizarre things....just for instance....I cried at Disneyland, on It's a Small World, just watching the amazement in Thomas' eyes, and how nothing will ever duplicate it, and I was there....witnessing it!!
Now head on over to Mama Kat's and see what else you can learn
My Little Miracles